What is waterproof coating? What are its basic performance characteristics?
Waterproof coating is a viscous liquid polymer synthetic material with no fixed shape at room temperature. After coating, a tough waterproof film is formed on the base surface through the volatilization of the solvent or the evaporation of water or the reaction and curing.
The basic performance characteristics of waterproof coatings are as follows
1. The waterproof coating is a viscous liquid at room temperature. After coating and curing, it can form a seamless waterproof coating film.
2. The waterproof coating is especially suitable for waterproof construction at the detailed structures such as facades, yin and yang corners, pipes passing through the structural layer, protrusions, and narrow places. After curing, it can form a complete waterproof film on the surface of these complex parts.
3. The construction of waterproof coating is a cold operation, which is easy to operate and has low labor intensity.
4. The waterproof layer of the coating film formed after curing is light in weight, and most of the special-shaped roofs such as light shells are constructed with waterproof coatings.
5. The waterproof coating has good water resistance, weather resistance, acid and alkali resistance and excellent elongation performance, and can meet the needs of local deformation of the base layer.
6. The tensile strength of the waterproof layer of the coating film can be strengthened by adding a matrix reinforcement material. For some parts that are prone to leakage such as cracks in the base layer, structural joints, and pipe roots, it needs to be strengthened, strengthened, and repaired. .
7. The waterproof coating film generally relies on manual coating, and its thickness is difficult to achieve uniformity. Therefore, during construction, it is necessary to repeat the brushing in strict accordance with the operation method to ensure the minimum usage per unit area and ensure the coating film. Construction quality of waterproof layer.